The Steering Committee consists of Senate officers, committee chairs, and other delegates elected by the Senate, as well as one non-voting member selected by the Provost in consultation with the Senate President. Delegates need not be senators to be elected.
- Chris Sula, President, ex-officio (Full-Time Faculty, School of Information)
- Audrey Schultz, Finance Officer, ex-officio (Full-Time Faculty, Construction/Facilities Management, School of Architecture)
- Monica Maceli, Information Officer, ex-officio (Full-Time Faculty, School of Information)
- Uzma Rizvi, Outreach Officer, ex-officio (Full-Time Faculty, History of Art & Design, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- Sean Sullivan, Academic Policy Committee Chair, ex-officio (Part-Time Faculty, Foundation Art & Design)
- Damon Chaky, Institute Curriculum Committee Chair, ex-officio (Full-Time Faculty, Math & Science, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- Dean Sidaway, Distinguished Teacher Award Committee Chair, ex-officio (Full-Time Faculty, Fashion Design, School of Design)
- Sarah van Ouwerkerk, Faculty Development Fund Committee Chair, ex-officio (Full-Time Faculty, Photography, School of Art)
- Caleb Crawford, Research Recognition Award Committee Chair, ex-officio (Part-Time Faculty, Undergraduate Architecture, School of Architecture)
- Maggie Portis (Full-Time Faculty, Library)
- Rhonda Schaller (Staff Who Teach, Continuing & Professional Studies, School of Continuing & Professional Studies)
- Farzam Yazdanseta (Assistant Chairperson, Undergraduate Architecture, School of Architecture)
- Russ Abell, Director of Libraries (non-voting)
Officers serve three year terms, and other committee members serve one year terms, renewable without limit.
The Steering Committee
- a. makes interim decisions for the Senate, such actions being consistent with previous Senate actions and being subject to review and, if so desired, approval at subsequent Senate meetings;
- b. hears the reports of all Senate committees and take actions in accordance with the purposes of the Senate;
- c. reviews the structure and operation of the Senate and making recommendations to the Senate regarding these issues;
- d. convenes and prepares agenda for Senate meetings;
- e. recommends an annual budget to the Senate in consultation with the appropriate committees and based on the budget proposal submitted by the Financial Officer;
- f. conducts nominations, elections, and other votes with constituents; and
- g. establishes whatever special committees are deemed necessary to discharge its responsibilities.
Officers and committee chairs, as well as part-time faculty serving as Steering Committee delegates, receive compensation according to the Senate Compensation Policy.
The Steering Committee meets monthly during the fall and spring semesters.
Nov 10, 2020, 12:30 pm - Online
Feb 2, 2021, 12:30 pm - Online
Mar 9, 2021, 12:30 pm - Online
Apr 6, 2021, 12:30 pm - Online
For the full Senate schedule, see Meetings.
Nominations & Elections
Elections for committee chairs and delegates are held each spring semester. Officers are elected every three years. See Nominations for details on deadlines and procedures.