Institute Curriculum Committee (ICC)
The Institute Curriculum Committee (ICC) fulfills the Senate’s responsibilities for curriculum review, making its recommendations to the Provost and reporting them to the Senate at the next regular Senate meeting, and for curriculum support.
The Institute Curriculum Committee consists of 5–13 voting members elected annually by and from Senate constituents, as well as one voting member selected by and from Provost’s Council. A majority are faculty, at least two are chairs, and no more than seven may be senators. Non-voting members of the ICC serve in an advisory capacity, are selected by the Provost, and consist of up to two members from the Office of the Provost and up to two from the Office of the Registrar.
- Nick Dease, Chair (Digital Learning Librarian, Library)
- Joelle Danant (Staff Who Teach, School of Continuing & Professional Studies)
- Ted Ehrhardt (Adjunct Assistant Professor, Creative Arts Therapy, School of Art)
- Amit Kalra (Visiting Assistant Professor, Graduate Communications/Package Design, School of Design)
- Sheryl Kasak (Adjunct Associate Professor, Interior Design, School of Design)
- Pamela Pavliscak (Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Information)
- Natalie Moore (Assistant Chairperson, Foundation Art & Design)
- Farzam Yazdanseta (Assistant Chairperson, Undergraduate Architecture, School of Architecture)
- Layla Zami (Visiting Assistant Professor, Humanities & Media Studies, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- TBD (selected by and from Provost’s Council)
- Peg Fox, Assistant Provost (non-voting)
- Luke Phillips, Registrar (non-voting)
- TBD (selected by and from Office of Registrar, non-voting)
Senate officers are non-voting ex-officio members of every Senate committee unless otherwise elected, appointed, or specified.
All Senate committee members and chairs serve one-year terms, renewable without limit. The chair is a faculty member elected annually by and from the committee and confirmed by the Senate.
The Institute Curriculum Committee
- reviewing and recommending for or against the adoption of proposals for new or revised credit-bearing programs, including recommending changes to those proposals and recommending for approval contingent on the completion of those changes;
- reviewing and recommending for or against the adoption of proposals for course additions and changes when those additions and changes impact the requirements of existing or proposed programs, including recommending changes to those proposals and recommending for approval contingent on the completion of those changes;
- advising and supporting department- and school-level curriculum committees and reviewing their guidelines and standards, as specified in the Curricular Review Policy; and
- consulting with other committees and students, staff, and administrators as appropriate.
The ICC Chair, as well as part-time faculty serving on the committee, receive compensation according to the Senate Compensation Policy.
The Institute Curriculum Committee meets at least once during the fall and spring semesters.
Sep 6, 2022, 10:30 am
Oct 4, 2022, 10:30 am
Nov 1, 2022, 10:30 am
Dec 6, 2022, 10:30 am
Jan 24, 2023, 10:30 am
Feb 14, 2023, 10:30 am
Mar 7, 2023, 10:30 am
Apr 11, 2023, 10:30 am
May 2, 2023, 10:30 am
For the full Senate schedule, see Meetings.
Nominations & Elections
ICC members are elected each spring by and from constituents. Current members may be renewed by the Senate for up to two consecutive terms. See Nominations for details on deadlines and procedures and Standing Rules for renewal details.
The incoming ICC members elect a chair from among their faculty members. This chair is confirmed by majority vote of the Senate no later than its September meeting.
ICC Standing Rules
Approved jointly by the Academic Senate on April 24, 2018 and the Provost on April 26, 2018; amended jointly by the Senate on April 26, 2022 and the Provost on June 27, 2022.