Institute Curriculum Committee (ICC)
The Institute Curriculum Committee (ICC) fulfills the Senate’s responsibilities for curriculum review, making its recommendations to the Provost and reporting them to the Senate at the next regular Senate meeting, and for curriculum support.
The Institute Curriculum Committee consists of 5–13 voting members elected annually by and from Senate constituents, as well as one voting member selected by and from Provost’s Council. A majority are faculty, at least two are chairs, and no more than seven may be senators. Non-voting members of the ICC serve in an advisory capacity, are selected by the Provost, and consist of up to two members from the Office of the Provost and up to one from the Office of the Registrar.
- Damon Chaky, Chair (Associate Professor, Math & Science, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- Stephanie Bayard (Adjunct Associate Professor, Graduate Architecture & Urban Design, School of Architecture)
- Joelle Danant (Staff Who Teach, School of Continuing & Professional Studies)
- Nick Dease (Digital Learning Librarian, Library)
- Sheryl Kasak (Adjunct Associate Professor, Interior Design, School of Design)
- Steven Locke (Professor, Fine Arts, School of Art) [replacing Ann Messner in Fall 2020]
- Ann Messner (Professor, Fine Arts, School of Art) [on leave Fall 2020]
- Natalie Moore (Assistant Chair, Foundation Art & Design)
- Matías Piñeiro (Assistant Professor, Film/Video, School of Art)
- Joyce Polistena (Adjunct Professor, History of Art & Design, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- Jessica Wexler (Chairperson, Undergraduate Communications Design, School of Design)
- Layla Zami (Visiting Assistant Professor, Humanities & Media Studies, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- Dragana Zoric (Adjunct Associate Professor, Undergraduate Architecture)
- Donna Heiland, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs (selected by and from Provost’s Council)
- Peg Fox, Assistant Provost (non-voting)
- Luke Phillips, Registrar (non-voting)
Senate officers are non-voting ex-officio members of every Senate committee unless otherwise elected, appointed, or specified.
All Senate committee members and chairs serve one-year terms, renewable without limit.
The Institute Curriculum Committee
- a. reviews and recommends for or against the adoption of proposals for new or revised credit-bearing programs, including recommending changes to those proposals and recommending for approval contingent on the completion of those changes;
- b. reviews and recommends for or against the adoption of proposals for course additions and changes when those additions and changes impact the requirements of existing or proposed programs, including recommending changes to those proposals and recommending for approval contingent on the completion of those changes;
- c. advises and supports department- and school-level curriculum committees;
- d. conducts periodic assessment of the quality of curriculum review across the Institute; and
- e. consults with other committees and students, staff, and administrators as appropriate.
The ICC Chair, as well as part-time faculty serving on the committee, receive compensation according to the Senate Compensation Policy.
The Institute Curriculum Committee meets at least once during the fall and spring semesters.
All meetings are cancelled due to campus closure. See pratt.edu/coronavirus for more information.
For the full Senate schedule, see Meetings.
Nominations & Elections
ICC members are elected each spring by and from constituents. Current members may be renewed by the Senate for up to two consecutive terms. See Nominations for details on deadlines and procedures and Standing Rules for renewal details.
The incoming ICC members elect a chair from among their faculty members. This chair is confirmed by majority vote of the Senate no later than its September meeting.
ICC Standing Rules
Approved by the Academic Senate on April 24, 2018 and the Provost on April 26, 2018