Institute Curriculum Committee (ICC)
The Institute Curriculum Committee (ICC) fulfills the Senate’s responsibilities for curriculum review, making its recommendations to the Provost and reporting them to the Senate at the next regular Senate meeting, and for curriculum support.
The Institute Curriculum Committee consists of 5–13 voting members elected annually by and from Senate constituents, as well as one voting member selected by and from Provost’s Council. A majority are faculty, at least two are chairs, and no more than seven may be senators. Non-voting members of the ICC serve in an advisory capacity, are selected by the Provost, and consist of up to two members from the Office of the Provost and up to one from the Office of the Registrar.
- Tracie Morris, Chair (Full-Time Faculty, Humanities & Media Studies, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- Stephanie Bayard (Part-Time Faculty, Graduate Architecture & Urban Design, School of Architecture)
- Rosie De Pasquale (Full-Time Faculty, School of Continuing & Professional Studies)
- Heather Lewis (Chairperson, Art & Design Education, School of Art)
- Ann Messner (Full-Time Faculty, Fine Arts, School of Art)
- Matías Piñeiro (Full-Time Faculty, Film/Video, School of Art)
- Joyce Polistena (Part-Time Faculty, History of Art & Design, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- Debbie Rabina (Full-Time Faculty, School of Information)
- Jessica Wexler (Chairperson, Undergraduate Communications Design, School of Design)
- Holly Wilson (Full-Time Faculty, Library)
- Carl Zimring (Full-Time Faculty, Social Science & Cultural Studies, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- Dragana Zoric (Part-Time Faculty, Undergraduate Architecture)
- Donna Heiland, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs (selected by and from Provost’s Council)
- Peg Fox, Assistant Provost (non-voting)
- TBD, Registrar (non-voting)
Senate officers are non-voting ex-officio members of every Senate committee unless otherwise elected, appointed, or specified.
All Senate committee members and chairs serve one-year terms, renewable without limit.
The Institute Curriculum Committee
- a. reviews and recommends for or against the adoption of proposals for new or revised credit-bearing programs, including recommending changes to those proposals and recommending for approval contingent on the completion of those changes;
- b. reviews and recommends for or against the adoption of proposals for course additions and changes when those additions and changes impact the requirements of existing or proposed programs, including recommending changes to those proposals and recommending for approval contingent on the completion of those changes;
- c. advises and supports department- and school-level curriculum committees;
- d. conducts periodic assessment of the quality of curriculum review across the Institute; and
- e. consults with other committees and students, staff, and administrators as appropriate.
The ICC Chair, as well as part-time faculty serving on the committee, receive compensation according to the Senate Compensation Policy.
The Institute Curriculum Committee meets at least once during the fall and spring semesters. For the full schedule, see Meetings.
Nominations & Elections
APC members are elected each spring by and from constituents. See Nominations for details on deadlines and procedures.
The incoming APC members elect a chair from among their faculty members (or another member by a two-thirds majority vote). This chair is confirmed by majority vote of the Senate no later than its September meeting.
ICC Standing Rules
Approved by the Academic Senate on April 24, 2018 and the Provost on April 26, 2018