Faculty Development Fund (FDF) Committee
The Faculty Development Fund (FDF) provides financial support for the development and advancement of Senate constituents. The FDF Committee reviews grant applications and makes recommendations to the Provost, who determines final awards.
Additional information, including the current application form and deadlines, is available through the Office of the Provost.
The Faculty Development Fund Committee consists of 6–9 voting members, a majority of them faculty: the chair of the committee, who is elected by the Senate from among faculty constituents; and at least five Senate constituents each drawn from different schools, as well as the Library and, jointly, those departments not associated with a school, who shall not apply for a grant during their term of service. Committee members need not be senators to be elected.
- Irene Lopatovska, Chair (Professor, School of Information)
- Giulia Livi (Visiting Instructor, Foundation of Art & Design, Foundation)
- Erica Morawski (Assistant Professor, History of Art and Design, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- Jean-Pierre Mot (Visiting Instructor, Grad. Communication Design, School of Design)
- Fay Ku (Visiting Assistant Professor, Fine Arts, School of Art)
- Olivia Vien (Adjunct Assistant Professor, Grad. Architecture, School of Architecture)
The committee chair is elected each spring for the upcoming academic year, and committee members are elected each fall. See Nominations for details on deadlines and procedures.
Senate officers are non-voting ex-officio members of every Senate committee unless otherwise elected, appointed, or specified.
The Faculty Development Fund Committee
- reviews all complete applications submitted to the Office of the Provost;
- recommends for or against the funding of proposals, including recommending partial funding or revisions to budgets, to the Provost and reporting those recommendations to the Senate; and
- recommends changes to criteria and procedures governing the Faculty Development Fund, in consultation with the Provost.
Nominations & Elections
The DTA committee chair and members are nominated from and by constituents and elected by the Senate each year. See Nominations for details on deadlines and procedures.