The Senate convenes five standing committees that include senators and other constituents from across the Institute:
- Academic Policy Committee (APC), which reviews policies procedures and makes recommendations to the Senate
- Institute Curriculum Committee (ICC), which reviews new and revised programs and required courses, makes recommendations to the Provost, and reports them at Senate meetings
- Distinguished Teacher Award (DTA) Committee, which reviews nominations for the annual Distinguished Teacher Award and recommends candidates to the Senate
- Faculty Development Fund (FDF) Committee, which reviews grant applications and makes recommendations to the Provost for Faculty Development Fund awards
- Research Recognition Award (RRA) Committee, which reviews nominations for the annual faculty Research Recognition Award and recommends candidates to the Senate
The Senate is led by an Executive Committee of four officers (President, Financial Officer, Information Officer, and Outreach Officer) and a Steering Committee made up of the four officers, committee chairs, and other delegates elected by the Senate.