This section provides access to resources, generally, and tools for communication within the Pratt community.
- Academic Resources
- Athletics Resources
- Employment and Benefits
- Museum Memberships
- New York Times Educator Discount
- Utrecht Art Store
- List of Resources
- Academic Resources
- Pratt Publications
Visit my.pratt.edu and login with your OneKey to access a variety of tools:
- Check your class and attendance roster (Academic Tools)
- Access Pratt E-mail, the Learning Management System (LMS) and cloud storage
- Receive ALERTS via your mobile device and/or email by creating an account on the Pratt Emergency Notification System (also accessible from lower right corner of mypratt)
- Pay statements online at ADP iPayStatements. Registration instructions.
- Student Retention Alert is at the lower right corner of Academic Tools
- Pratt Intranet
- Pratt Commons
- Pratt Policies
- Faculty Handbook contains policies and procedures for faculty searches, (re)appointment, and promotion
- Academic Calendar
- Provost policies??
- Grading Policy
- Library Guide for faculty
- Academic Integrity Policy [PDF]; Academic Integrity Infraction Report Form [PDF]
- Intellectual Property Policy [PDF]
- Disability Resource Center, for faculty and staff
- Health & Counseling, for faculty and staff
- Copy Center
- Textbook Purchase and Rental [PDF]. Ordering process for class materials via Pratt Follett Bookstore
- Academic Guide for Students 2013-14 [PDF]
- Incomplete Policy & Form * [Word]
- Independent Study Form * [Word]
- Course Evaluation Form * [Word]
Faculty Development & Support
- Faculty Development Fund (FDF) supports individual and collaborative research, scholarship, and professional development, including studio projects, travel, work on publications, research, interdisciplinary collaborations, or curriculum or other projects
- Academic Initiatives Fun (AIF) supports events, exhibits, conferences, performances, publications, symposia, workshops, and other projects, that are open to the Pratt community
- Other internal funding opportunities (Office of the Provost)
- Distinguished Teacher Award nominated by students and awarded annually by the Senate, Provost, and Board of Trustees
- Center for Continuing Education And Professional Studies
- Course Catalog
- Course Search
Tuition Remission and Exchange
Article 28.4 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) provides full-time faculty, their children, and spouses with free tuition in any regular course of study at the Institute. The Institute also provides full-time faculty members with the opportunity to participate in the Tuition Exchange Program which is presently available for administrators.
The tuition remission program set forth in Article 28.4 is available on a pro rata basis to the spouses and children of the adjunct faculty who have completed ten (10) or more semesters of employment (as a visitor or adjunct). The pro-ration per semester is based on the faculty member’s workload in the last preceding semester as against a full-time per semester workload in the faculty member’s department.
Pratt Athletics and Recreation Center (ARC) and LIU Pool
Students, faculty, and staff with a current Pratt ID card have full access to Pratt’s athletics facility in the Athletics and Recreational Center (ARC), as well as the nearby. Lockers can be rented by semester or for the entire academic year. Athletic and community events are scheduled in the ARC so check at the desk or call to make sure the area or equipment you want to use is available.
An NCAA regulation-length swimming pool is available at nearby Long Island University Wellness Center.
Faculty, staff, and students can sign up for reduced membership rates at the McBurney YMCA at 125 West 14th Street, near Pratt’s Manhattan campus. Details are available at http://www.goprattgo.com/rec/Forms/McBurney.pdf or (212) 912-2300.
Employment and Benefits
- PrattCard (ID Card)
- Pratt Parking & Permits
- Human Resources
- Registrar’s Office
- Faculty Contract, Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) 2011-2015 [PDF]
- Faculty Technology Purchases (software, hardware and computers): Apple Store, Dell Computer
Pratt’s Student Government Association (SGA) has secured memberships at several museums in New York, including:
- Brooklyn Museum
- Brooklyn Botanic Gardens
- Cooper Hewitt
- Guggenheim Museum
- Frick Collection
- New Museum
- Museum of Arts and Design
- Whitney Museum of American Art
Faculty, staff and students may show their valid Pratt ID to gain free admission to these museums.
Students only also receive free admission to:
Please contact Student Activities (718-636-3422) with any questions about the museum membership program.
New York Times Educator Discount
The New York Times discount for educators is 60% off regular rates for:
- 7 day service, Mon-Fri
- 6-day service, Mon-Sat
- Weekend service, Sat & Sun
- Sunday only service
Discounts applicable to all teachers, K-12 and college. Discounts applicable to students at college-level only.
Please visit the NYT educators subscription page or call 888-698-2655 and provide your school name and a phone number (any number from the school).
Utrecht Art Store
List of Resources