The Steering Committee consists of Senate officers, committee chairs, and other delegates elected by the Senate, as well as one non-voting member selected by the Provost in consultation with the Senate President.
- Chris Sula, President, ex-officio (Full-Time Faculty, School of Information)
- Robert Brackett III, Financial Officer, ex-officio (Part-Time Faculty, Undergraduate Architecture, School of Architecture)
- Debbie Rabina, Information Officer, ex-officio (Full-Time Faculty, School of Information)
- Audrey Schultz, Outreach Officer, ex-officio (Full-Time Faculty, Construction/Facilities Management, School of Architecture)
- Sean Sullivan, Academic Policy Committee Chair, ex-officio (Part-Time Faculty, Foundation Art & Design)
- Tracie Morris, Institute Curriculum Committee Chair (pending Senate confirmation), ex-officio
- Maggie Portis, Distinguished Teacher Award Committee Chair, ex-officio
- Sarah van Ouwerkerk, Faculty Development Fund Committee Chair, ex-officio
- Kathryn Cullen-DuPont (Chairs Category, Humanities and Media Studies, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- Jenny Lee (Part-Time Faculty, Fine Arts, School of Art)
- Ágnes Mócsy (Full-Time Faculty, Math & Science, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- Carolyn Shafer (Staff Who Teach, Grad Center for Planning, School of Architecture; School of Continuing and Professional Studies)
- Russ Abell, Director of Libraries (non-voting)
Officers serve three year terms, and other committee members serve one year terms, renewable without limit.
The Steering Committee
- a. makes interim decisions for the Senate, such actions being consistent with previous Senate actions and being subject to review and, if so desired, approval at subsequent Senate meetings;
- b. hears the reports of all Senate committees and take actions in accordance with the purposes of the Senate;
- c. reviews the structure and operation of the Senate and making recommendations to the Senate regarding these issues;
- d. convenes and prepares agenda for Senate meetings;
- e. recommends an annual budget to the Senate in consultation with the appropriate committees and based on the budget proposal submitted by the Financial Officer;
- f. conducts nominations, elections, and other votes with constituents; and
- g. establishes whatever special committees are deemed necessary to discharge its responsibilities.
Officers and committee chairs, as well as part-time faculty serving as Steering Committee delegates, receive compensation according to the Senate Compensation Policy.
The Steering Committee meets monthly during the fall and spring semesters. For the full schedule, see Meetings.
Nominations & Elections
Elections for committee chairs and delegates are held each spring semester. See Nominations for details on deadlines and procedures.