Research Recognition Award (Special Committee)
In recognition of the role of research among faculty members and of the growing significance of research at Pratt, the Senate formed this committee on Sept 18, 2018 to develop a Research Recognition Award, presented annually to a faculty member who demonstrates cumulative and ongoing contributions to research (broadly defined). The recipient will present at the annual Research Open House in March and receive compensation similar to the Distinguished Teacher (details in development).
The Research Recognition Award Special Committee will:
- develop the criteria and procedures for the award (for review by the Senate),
- conduct and review nominations for the award, and
- recommend to the Senate a candidate for the first award.
- Uzma Rizvi, Chair (Associate Professor, Social Science & Cultural Studies, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- Amy Ballmer (Chair of Library, Teaching, Learning & Collection Development, Library)
- Caleb Crawford (Visiting Associate Professor, Undergraduate Architecture, School of Architecture)
- Mary Edwards (Adjunct Professor, History of Art & Design, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- Heather Lewis (Acting Chair, Art & Design Education, School of Art)
- Monica Maceli (Assistant Professor, School of Information)
- Nicholas Parkinson (Visiting Assistant Professor, Industrial Design, School of Design)
Senate officers are non-voting ex-officio members of every Senate committee unless otherwise elected, appointed, or specified.
This special committee expires on June 30, 2019.