Academic Initiatives Fund
The Academic Senate seeks proposals in support of academic initiatives, such as events, exhibits, conferences, performances, publications, symposia, workshops, and other projects, which are open to the Pratt community. (Support for individual and collaborative research, scholarship, and professional development is available through the Faculty Development Fund.)
Priority will be given to initiatives that are interdisciplinary in nature and to schools, programs, and areas of interest that have not received support during the current fiscal year.
This opportunity is open to all Senate constituents (full-time and part-time faculty; chairs, assistant chairs, and equivalent titles; staff who teach), and may support initiatives, in whole or in part, through
- honoraria and travel costs (external participants)
- materials and supplies
- printing or other fees
- refreshments (excluding alcohol)
- stipends (Pratt employees)
The maximum award amount in 2017–18 is $750, and all funds must be spent by June 30, 2018.
To apply, please enter the following information in our Google form at http://bit.ly/prattsenateaifapply:
- Title and short description of the initiative (max. 300 words)
- Organizers (names, affiliation, and contact info)
- Expected number of participants
- Amount requested from Senate
- Line-item budget (examples: 100 folders, Honoraria for speaker), including how much will be funded by the Senate and how much will be funded by other sources (if applicable)
You may email supplemental digital materials to email@example.com if you wish. All proposals are due before April 20, 2018 and will be reviewed by the Senate Executive Committee, whose members shall be ineligible to apply for these funds.
All funded initiatives must state Academic Senate sponsorship in publicity materials and provide a short report (max. 500 words) describing the benefit of the activities for the Pratt community.
Please contact Senate President Chris Alen Sula (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
No events scheduled.